Saturday, June 27, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread

I got a starter of this bread 10 days ago from my step-daughter. I mushed the bag and added ingredients when it asked me to (day 6 and day 10 - today). One of the steps called for me to make 4 new starter bags - 1 for me and 3 for my friends. Problem is, all of my friends are way too smart for me. They already informed me they will not be accepting starter bags from me. No how, no way. So, instead, I baked 6 loves of friendship bread (which I bet they don't have any trouble accepting, by the way) and called it good. No new starter bag, not even for me.

Now I know why it's called Amish Friendship Bread. Because after you start pawning starter bags off on everyone you know, your only friends are the Amish. {grin}

No comments:

Post a Comment