Friday, September 11, 2009

Leis

I came home from work with a sinus headache. After going to the doctor for medicine, I slept most of the afternoon and evening. At 9pm, I realized I hadn't taken my photo for the day. It was dark - any outside photo was out of the question. I hate using flash indoors - it makes everything so harsh. So I took this photo (without flash) of a lei against my bedroom wall.

This is straight out of the camera. I like the softness of the picture but the colors are all wrong. The lei is a cool purple, the walls are a cool green. My plan last night was to simply post this picture. This afternoon, after again sleeping away most of the day with this annoying headache, I decided to see what Photoshop Elements could do.

This is after running Smart Fix. It's better. It still has that softness I like, and the colors are a little better, but they're still not right.

This is after running Smart Fix and Levels.
The colors are even better and it's still got that softness.

This is after running Smart Fix, Levels and Color Correction. This is probably the closest to the actual colors, although the wall looks pretty washed out and the flowers still aren't the true cool purple, but something happened between the last picture and this one that destroyed that sense of softness. So if I had to pick one, I'd pick Smart Fix & Levels.
And this time I didn't waste 2 hours. [grin]

No comments:

Post a Comment