Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Hearts Are Heavy

First, a big orange tulip in honor of our big orange cat.

I had to go back and change the birth year
for both Stinkus and The Runt.
We realized while looking through pictures
yesterday afternoon
that they were born in 2001, not 2000.

These photos were planned for yesterday.
I'll put them up today for Stinkus,
who has left a huge hole in our lives.

Our animals bring us so much joy and unconditional love.
Even with the pain in my heart right now,
I wouldn't trade one minute with Stinkus.
Not one minute of him laying all over my paper
while I tried to read it in the mornings,
or of him waiting not-so-patiently for me
to finish my cereal so he could have
the leftover milk from the bottom of the bowl.

And he was Scott's shop cat.
His company during the day.

He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment