Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Red Rose in Black & White

In black & white (above) and color (below).
A friend at work got some gorgeous roses for Mother's Day.
Since yesterday was rainy and cloudy,
I thought it would be a good day to try to get a shot of the roses.
I took dozens of photos trying to get the color right in my camera.
Then I gave up.
(I hate florescent light.)

I came home & tried with several photos
to get the color right in Photoshop.
The photos taken with flash were overexposed
and all the tips of the rose were fuchsia,
instead of deep red.

The photos without flash were all underexposed
and the rose looked pink.

By accident, I converted one to black & white
and liked that better than anything I was able to do
in color.

This is the best of the color photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment