Saturday, November 6, 2010

Do Not Enter


Do Not Enter
Originally uploaded by Sandee4242
What do you do when your child decides to follow the wrong path? What do you do when that child is an adult?

I'll tell you. Nothing. And it's the hardest thing you'll ever do.

You tell them you love them. You tell them you'll always be there for them. And then you watch them go down the path they've chosen.

You can offer to help, knowing it may be refused. You can give advice, knowing it will probably be discarded.

But mostly, you worry. And watch. And wait. Wait for the inevitable. For the disaster you know is coming.

It's not for sissies, this parenthood.

That's for sure.

Posted via Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. I know how difficult it is with family members - I can't imagine if it were your child.

    I watch how Alan deals with his kids and I really admire his style.

    I suppose the best you can do is just to be there when it all falls apart.

    Again - I'm thinking of you this week. There's just no easy way through it.

    ReplyDelete