Sunday, July 22, 2012

Project 48 ~ 25:48

Yellow Daisy

Lavender 

Daisies & the Sky

Ring of Yellow

Beetle on Daisy

Petunias

Unexpected Beauty
I love this time of year.  All my favorite flowers are blooming and there is so much to choose from.  I love the warmth of the yellow daisies, the softness of the lavender and everything about the white daisies.  Apparently, the beetle feels the same way.  The cone flowers look so regal with their crown of yellow.  And the petunias this year are fierce.  The ones shown here (both the shot of the petunias and the shot with the gargoyle) all came back from seed.  I was feeling very lazy last autumn and I didn't clean out my planters like I usually do.  This year, there are three planters that I didn't even have to touch - they had so many petunias come back from seed.  I didn't even know they would do that!  It was a lovely surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Well you already know which one is my favorite, those daisies with the blue sky are just scrumptious but I really love all of these for different reasons. The one of the beetle is exceptional and it's very cool how you focused the lavender one! Beauty and the beast are quite a contrast as well, he looks so glum and the flowers look like they are trying to cheer him up!

    ReplyDelete