Sunday, August 5, 2012

Project 48 ~ 27:48

1. Coneflower Watercolor

2. Golden Wings

3. Three

4. Peppermint

5. August Promise

6. At The Dying End Of The Day
I'm posting a little early this week.  I have finished all my chores and plan to have a beautifully unstructured rest-of-the-day.  We are in the dog days of summer.  It almost feels like summer just began - it started pretty late here in the Inland Northwest.  It was mid-June before we had summer-like temps.  And yet, when I switched the calendar from July to August, there was a sea-change.  It was subtle.  It's still hot - supposed to be in the 90's here today.  It's still summer - school doesn't start for anyone until the end of the month or later.  And still, there's a hint of sadness in the air.  The days are getting shorter once again and there is just a hint of what's coming.  Let's enjoy the summer just a little longer, shall we?

(1) The watercolor is a happy little experiment in Photoshop.  I hoped that the color and composition would work well with a watercolor treatment and I was right.  What do you think?  (2) The blazing stars are blooming and the honeybees are all over them.  I stood and took pictures of dozens of them for quite a while yesterday.  I liked the shining wings on this one.  (3) One of the "rules" of photography is to group things in threes.  I usually have a hard time with this one, but the Black-Eyed Susans cooperated this time.  (4) The peppermint is blooming.  It smells even prettier than it looks.  (5) In August, there doesn't seem to be much promise in the garden.  Most everything is blooming or dying.  But not the sunflowers...  (5) And finally, my favorite, taken at the end of the day when the light was heavenly.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Sandee ~ These are all very fair worthy! So much so that I can hardly choose a favorite but I have to say that I fell in love with the PS experiment! I thought it was amazing before I realized it was altered, but after I enlarged it and could see what you did I really fell in love with it! So, so frameable!

    ReplyDelete