Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Bad

Today was a beautiful day: Bright blue sky, crisp air. I decided to take a picture of the City Christmas Tree on the way back from lunch. I was in a hurry and snapped a few quick shots and went back to work, satisfied that my "photo for the day" had been satisfied. Imagine my dismay when I got home from work and uploaded the photos, The tree was in the shade of the building and as a result, my beautiful blue sky is completely blown out.
In every stinking photo.

I know there were some in-camera adjustments I could have made to fix this.
There are probably things I could have done in Photoshop as well,
to salvage the shots. But it's beyond my level of experience.

And I'm in too much pain to care.
I hurt my shoulder during the trip to Salt Lake at the beginning of November.
I'm having an MRI on Saturday to determine if it's "just" a bad case of bursitis
or a torn rotator cuff.

And because I'm grumpy and in too much pain
to figure out how to fix these photos,
we all suffer.

To add insult to injury, I'm going to try to get the photos right again tomorrow.
Straight out of the camera.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment