Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Art Gallery

Quite a while ago, Joyce, a friend from work and clerk of the Arts Commission, asked if I would apply to have my photos displayed in the gallery at City Hall.  I didn't really take the request seriously.  I didn't think I was ready for that.  A few months ago, she asked again.  I had several photos I was really happy with and thought "Why not?".  So I applied and was accepted!

The last couple of months have been a frenzy of activity.  When I agreed to do this, I had no idea how much work was involved.  It was probably a good thing, because I might not have even tried.  But last night, it all came together as Scott & I hung the photos in the gallery.


Hayden Lake Triptych

Hayden Christmas Tree 2009

Snowy Sunset

Bee on Cosmos
It was after 5pm when these photos (of photos...) were taken, and the light wasn't great, but I'm very happy with how everything turned out and extremely relieved the preparations are over.

Thanks to Joyce, for asking me to apply in the first place.  Thanks to all my friends, who have been so encouraging.  And a big, huge, humongous thank you to Scott, who helped with EVERYTHING.

If you're in the area, stop by Hayden City Hall and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment