Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012


A Beautiful Day ~ Canfield Mountain
Blue & Gold
These are the final photos & final blog entry of my latest Project 365.  I want to thank everyone that's followed along this past year.

This is my third Photo-A-Day-For-A-Year project.  I am burned out.  This year has seemed like more of a struggle to find new subjects to photograph, or even a different way of photographing some of the same old things.  I've been feeling very uninspired for several months and, as I look back on my photos, it shows.  So, it's time to shake things up.

Beginning tomorrow, I will be doing a Project 48 ~ a blog entry, with photos, each week through the end of 2012. 

I've been wanting to adjust things so that my photo projects align with the year for a while.  Initially, I bought my DSLR camera in January of 2009 and began my first Project 365 on January 26, 2009.  The second Project 365 began on February 1st, which was a little better - at least it started at the beginning of a month.  But I'd really like to pick a photo project each year, and this seems like a good time to make the switch. 

And while I will still carry my camera with me to record the unexpected photo opportunities that come my way each day, I'll also be planning a photo trip every week.  There are so many beautiful places to photograph in this area: some right in my backyard, some a few hours drive away, and some a little farther than that.  But I want my photos to be more thoughtful this year and so that is what I will focus on: less quantity, more quality.  Ansel Adams was happy to get 12 significant photos a year.  I'm still shooting for that. 

I'm planning my first photo trip for this weekend.  Each week will end on Sunday, so look for my first weekly post on February 5, 2012.  I'll also roll out a new banner and a new profile picture then.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. The daily commitment is for sure a challenge. It feels like the pressure of updating is always on your mind and the self induced punishment when you miss a day is unforgiving.

    Best of luck on Project 48.

    ReplyDelete