Sunday, May 27, 2012

Project 48 ~ 17:48

Scott at the top of Canfield Mountain

Starburst!

Balsamroot Flowers

Dianthus, Rocks & Log

View from the top of Canfield Mountain

Birthday Lily

Tree of Fire
Scott decided we should run/hike to the top of Canfield Mountain this morning, and so we did.  We started at the trailhead off Crestwood Ct.  An hour and a half later, we had some of the most amazing views ever.  Scott's Fujifilm XP takes panoramic shots, so I took a couple of those.  They are posted on Flickr since the panoramic style really doesn't work on this blog.  There were wildflowers galore and we had a great time.

I couldn't resist another shot of my birthday lilies.  They are so pretty.

And I saved the best for last.  This little Japanese maple is planted in one of our large aggregate planters at the shop.  At a certain time in the evening, when the sun is low in the sky, the tree lights up like it's on fire.  I'm really happy with the shot I've shared here, but trust me when I say it doesn't do it justice.  Mother Nature is really incredible. 

Enjoy!  (Oh, and Happy Birthday, Scott!)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, Happy Birthday Scott (really, really late) I started to write a comment in here about the tree being lit up a couple weeks ago and never finished! That's what I get for doing this sort of thing at work! I thought your shot of the tree was great, it looks like it's plugged in!

    ReplyDelete