Sunday, June 10, 2012

Project 48 ~ 19:48

Raindrops on Roses

Raindrops on Purple Columbine

Raindrops on Red

Raindrops on Pink Aster

Raindrops on Poppy
Liberty Creek

Liberty Creek Falls
Are you sensing a theme???  This week's post is all about water, whether it's coming out of the sky in the form of raindrops, or cascading down a mountain creek.  We have had rain every day for what seems like forever.  I decided to stop cursing it and make it work for me.  The raindrops really are lovely on the flowers.  This morning, it wasn't raining, but it was cold.  Somehow, Scott convinced me to hike the 7.5 mile Liberty Lake Loop.  I'm not sorry he did - it is gorgeous along that trail.  It starts out along Liberty Creek, then switch-backs up the mountain to the ridge for amazing views of the Falls, then runs along the ridge for over a mile, then a steep downhill and across a swamp to get back to the main trail.  By the time I was done, I was splattered with mud and my shoes were soaked with it.  And I had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Yes...the rain...we must embrace it...but in June, where is summer already? On another note I loved each and every one of these and cannot choose a fav, but I just LOVE the Ogre in the roses, so unexpected, so cool! I am thinking Fair entry for sure!

    ReplyDelete